Friday, October 28, 2011

Blog 6

I red the 3 questions and i decided to write about the first alternative; The Perfect World.


In my humble opinion, the world we live in is far from perfect. It is actually quite the opposite . Truman lived in what many may call ’heaven on earth’, his neighbors where friendly and his wife was a stereotype of a perfect woman. He had a job he enjoyed, a beautiful house and the streets in the city where so clean they almost looked unreal. If we just compare my life to his on paper, he would knock me down in the first round. But I have something he did not; A Choice.

I consider myself to be quite a creative person. I enjoy art, fashion, music & my main interest is photography. I choose to go to school to improve my skills in photography because that was really the only thing I could see my self working with. The downside of choosing such a career is that you have to struggle twice as hard to reach half as far. I would love to just be able to snap my fingers and voila; I am living my dream.

The thing about choice and free will is that it often comes back and bites you. Cause choices are often based on sudden emotions & impulses. I for one would love to have someone stop me before I am about to, once again do something stupid.  
For example; Once I made up my mind that I wanted to become a photographer I decided that the first thing I would need is a brand new camera. The problem however was that i did not have any money to afford the camera I wanted. But thanks to modern society & the payment plans I was able to pay monthly. I was great the first month, until I actually had to start paying. It is catch 22. I have to buy equipment for my career, but my career are not making me that much, not until I become that big successful photographer. Sometimes I am selfish, wishing life could be easier even though it is not really that bad. But comparing to Truman's, he had everything planned out for him.

So if I had to pick a world I would definitely live in Seahaven. Just think about it; being born into success without all the blood, sweat and tears. Now that is really heaven on earth, even with the cardboard walls and fake smiles.

1 comment:

  1. And I totally understand why you say so...working at everything all the time is just, well, hard and tiring.

    ReplyDelete