Wednesday, November 30, 2011

blog18

My favorite blogs

I believe that one of my best blogs I have written in this class is blog number twelve. It is called "Happy Meals". This is because of the simple fact that it's very personal and simple written. I like to share personal experience and it's extra fun times like this when it makes you warm inside. In this case because it made me think about the three things I love; food, my grandma and my mother. I believe I understood the assignment and discussed the food advices that Michael Pollan gave us and explained how they could work in my own life.

The second blog that I like is a remake of one of the cats that we wrote in class for practice. It's called "imitation of film; here's smoking at you, kid". I like it because I remember putting a lot of work into it, trying to fix the mistakes that I had made originally. I tried real hard to structure the text as we learned in this class using claim, reason and evidence. It didn't come out perfect but I think it was when I wrote that text I started to understand what claim, reason and evidence are.

Last but not least I liked the one i wrote about Platon's Allegory and the cave. It was really fun sharing my interpretation. I thought the text was pretty hard to understand so I'm pleased with the result.

Using internet in class

When I found out that I had to take English 099 I didn't feel happy about it. I thought we would have to do everything the old fashion way with reading a boring text and write a paper by hand every single class. After my first lesson i changed my opinion completely. This was when I found out that we would be discussing interesting topics, creating a blog to write blog entries instead of writing papers. I think its a cleaver idea to educate by using technology that young adults are very familiar with. The best thing about it was that I could go online whenever and where ever I wanted to, I only needed to have access to internet. Some times I would even use my phone. The second thing that is super cool with working online is that I could go online to your blog and prepare myself by reading about next class. It was great to be able to go there to check information that I had missed or forgot about.

My Eng099 class

This class is one of the best ones I have had in a long time. I feel that my classmates are all very sweet. The energy in the classroom is very positive and it makes everything much easier. The first day I met you and my classmates I knew this was going to be a fun, interesting class. I have to give you the biggest cred, being able to keep me awake and engaged (this is my last class of a 12 hour school day). You are very positive and I love how engaged you are with us and the subjects we discussing.I have learned a lot in this class for example how to structure and compose a good text. My biggest problem that I had been struggling with for years was being able to write a longer text and now I don't have any problems with that anymore. Today is the big CAT test and even though I really enjoyed this class I hope that I do not have to retake it, only time will tell.

/Zandra

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful and useful reflection! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the class with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete