Monday, September 26, 2011

Significant idea: “when subjects are presented with data that contradicts their beliefs they often paradoxically respond by sticking to their biases even more strongly”

Claim: I agree with Kluger when he says that studies have shown that “when subjects are presented with data that contradicts their beliefs they often paradoxically respond by sticking to their biases even more strongly”

Reasons: some people have problems with admitting that they are wrong. They are scared of hearing the truth, therefor will deny any data proving them the opposite of their opinion.

Thesis: I believe that the studies that Jeffery Kluger presented in his text is true. When people get confronted with facts proving them the opposite, they hold on to their believes even more strongly and they refuse to admit that they are wrong even though data is showing them that they are. I think this is because they are scared of hearing the truth so that they will feel inferior.

No comments:

Post a Comment